“A workbook filled with questions, list-making ideas, and prompts for taking inventory of the self; One step in a direction of exploring parts of the mind + present tense that are new, unknown, and full of possibility. An exercise for breaking through creative, emotional, and transitional roadblocks. Inspired aesthetically by 1960s/70s instruction and DIY manuals, it distills the Moon Lists questions into 18 months of original prompts.”
I’ve been following Leigh and admiring her work for some time now. I pre-ordered her book the moment I learned it was to be published. Upon receipt of this beauty, I flipped through and glanced ahead, and ultimately decided to wait for a new moon to begin. I’m currently three weeks in and immensely enjoying this new ritual. It feels wonderful to make time to put a pencil to the beautifully designed paper in this book.
The Moon Lists=
1. An online collection of interviews; every full moon we ask different women to reflect on their last 30 days.
2. An analog workbook; prompts, lists, and unexpected questions for digging deeper.
3. A visual exercise in recognizing the themes that are hidden in plain sight.
4. Inspired by a life of questioning; a dedication to what’s below the surface.
5. One step in a direction of exploring parts of the mind + present tense that are new, unknown, and full of possibility.